A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Made for the GMTK 2020 Game Jam Theme: Out of Control
In this Puzzle Action Platformer, play as a defective controller that can detach it's buttons and place them on other objects to control them. Be careful though! Doing so will disable that buttons normal function until you get it back! You throw out your jump button and you'll be grounded, but maybe that lift you control now can do a better job!
Carefully manage your buttons to get through this perilous obstacle course!
This is my first time submitting to a game jam! While it's not quite where I want it to be, I'm really happy with how this turned out!
- Left Bumper / L1 = Throw, Hold this and press any of the 4 face buttons to throw them forwards.
- Right Bumper / R1 = Drop, Hold this and press any of the 4 face buttons to place them in front of your feet.
- A / X = Jump
- X / Square = Run
(Didn't have time for the other 2 face button's functions, but you can still use them while throwing or dropping! They'll eventually be how you attack and use power ups)
- Those little pads will not only restore you buttons and set your checkpoint, they also restore your health! But only the first time you step on them (even if you're already topped off!).
- Your buttons will return to you if they hit something they can't operate! You can tell when they hit something operable when you hear a click sound.
- You can disable the N64 filter from the pause menu!
- Don't forget you can both throw and drop your buttons!
- Some puzzles have faster solutions.
- Losing all of your health resets the whole stage
- Walking into explosive barrels causes them to wig out when they're already moving. Can possibly softlock...
- Music loops weird
- Jumping next to corners can be weird
- Buttons can collide with invisible colliders
- And a good bit more. Honestly barely made the deadline for this jam, but I'd like to continue this project after so feedback and bug reports are super appreciated!
Thank you so much for playing my game!!!
My social media:
Extract from the zip file into it's own folder.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.